- Local News
Flooded roads result in rescue calls
Flash flooding made for hazardous travel Thursday as 2 1/2 to 3 inches of rain fell causing ditches to fill, creeks to overflow and roadways to quickly be submerged in swiftly moving water.
13 Fire Departments respond to oil tank fire Tuesday
With the help of 12 other fire departments, Shelbyville Fire Department battled a type of fire they had no experience for.
- Athlete of the Week The Daily Union Athletes of the Week have been among leaders all season in their respective sports. Sophomore slugger Madison Boone of the Shelbyville Rams has a half-dozen home runs this season and has been on a roll the last 10 days. In a 12-6 win
- Rams slap down St. Teresa Shelbyville's starter Eli Miller threw a no-hitter through four innings and the Ram hit crew had a 9-3 lead when Miller left the game. They took two more innings to get the 10-run rule win, 13-3. Shelby launched their first 4-run inning in the 1st. M
- Raiders run away with Tolono title Central A&M girls track won another invitational on Friday, scoring 103 points to take the 21-team Tolono meet. They beat 2nd place St. Teresa again (69) and a close 3rd place SOV (63). Although Central A&M won the meet going away, Amanda McClain of
- Shelby Area Prep Results Friday BASEBALL Shelbyville 13, St. Teresa 3 Okaw Valley 7, East Central 6 Monticello 6, Central A&M 3 SOFTBALL Shelbyville 12, Monticello 6 Central A&M 9, Argenta 3 Maroa 13, Sullivan 3 GIRLS TRACK At Robinson: 3. Neoga 74, 7. Shelbyville 34, 8. CHB
- Shelbyville area box scores Friday GIRLS TRACK Robinson Meet Team Scores: 1. Newton 120, 2. Teutopolis 94, 3. Neoga 74...6. Toledo 35, 7. Shelbyville 34, 8. CHBC 20. Shelby, Neoga, CHBC results: 3200 run-4. Yockey (SH) 12:58.12, 11. Gibson (NEO) 14:23.88, 12. Baker (NEO) 14:28.
- Shelby sluggers beat Monticello The Shelbyville Sluggers teed off with three home runs and a triple and 15 hits as they doubled-up Monticello on Friday, 12-6. The Rams put up four 3-run rallies, as they kept spinning the revolving door at home plate, and they got started right out
- Short-staffed Rams 9th at Monty Because of the spartan conditions, no scores were officially kept at the Monticello Boys Invite on Friday. Shelbyville scored in the middle of the 18-team event. "Extreme cold temperatures and wind made for a really tough night to compete, but I th
Shelby County Art Show
Scenes from the Shelby County Art Show
- More Local News Headlines
- Flooded roads result in rescue calls