SHELBYVILLE, IL. —
Solid Shelby State Prelims
High schools from over the state of Illinois made their way down for the first day of the girls state track meet at Eastern Illinois University in Charleston.
Defending class 1A champion Central A&M sent 12 total athletes to the meet this season, and started this years’ girls track meet off well by winning 6 events individually and 1 team race.
- Shelby Area Prep Results Monday, May 13 SOFTBALL Altamont 2, Windsor 1 Windsor Regional Okaw Valley 7, Neoga 1 Tuscola Regional Tuscola 8, Sullivan 1 Meridian 14, Pana 2 BASEBALL Central A&M 3, Morrisonville 1 St. Elmo 5, Okaw Valley 4 Tuscola Regional Pana 10, Sullivan 9 Tu
- Shelby shines at Area Best Shelby Area athletes shined at the Decatur Area Best on Tuesday, even with some key leaders opting out, as they get ready for State. Shelbyville claimed four 1st places, three 2nd places, and one 3rd in the boy and girl meets. Neoga claimed four 1st
- W/SS breaks out late to topple Ramsey Windsor/Stew-Stras couldn't put Ramsey away for five and a half innings in the Central A&M Regional Wednesday. A 3-run rally in the bottom of the 6th remedied that and they won, 6-2. Ramsey took a 1-run lead early and held it until the bottom of the
- Shelby turns tables on Tuscola Tuscola tumbled Shelbyville recently, 13-5. But on Tuesday in the first round of the Tuscola Regional, Shelbyville turned the tables, eliminating Tuscola, 6-2. In the last couple weeks, Shelbyville softball has struggled to score and had battery issu
- Shelby area IESA state meet Shelby Area Class A schools earned state berths at the IESA Meet last weekend. Riley Black of Central A&M was the headliner at the state meet for the Shelby Area. Black finished 3rd in the state in the 7th boys 400 (58.33). He also finished 9th in th
- Matt Kenseth captures third win of season Matt Kenseth was not the dominate car, like his teammate Kyle Busch was, but did end up in victory lane after taking the lead with 13 laps left. Busch had 265 of the 367 laps and put much of the field at least a lap down, after long green flag runs e
- Rams roll over Pana, 12-2 Shelbyville (22-3) plays Tuscola in the Tuscola Regional Championship on Saturday at 11 a.m. Shelby warmed up slow then charged over Pana with 11 hits including two home runs, one a grand slam, in the Tuscola Regional on Wednesday, 12-2 in 6 innings.
- Shelby Area Sports Schedule Friday, May 17 Shelbyville, Central A&M, Pana, SOV, Windsor track at Shelbyville Boys Sectional Moulton track at IESA State Saturday, May 18Tuscola Baseball Regional Championship: Shelbyville v. Tuscola 11 a.m. Tuscola Softball Regional Championship:
- A&M Sectional 7-peat It appeared that host Central A&M's IHSA Class A girls track sectional championship streak would stop at six. But upon further review of the team tallies, the Raiders had won their 7th straight regional championship by a single point. The events wer
- More Sports Headlines
- Solid Shelby State Prelims